The Salmon River is the best wilderness whitewater river in the West
2. The Salmon River is world famour for powerful rapids
3. The Main Salmon runs through a canyon that is deeper than grand canyon, thus the name, Grand Canyon of the Salmon.
4. Main Salmon water is crystal clear and very comfortable for swimming in July and August
5. The Main Salmon River is famous for pristine white sand beaches backed up to the forest
6. The Salmon River Canyon is home to the largest variety of wildlife and big game animals as any state except Alaska
7. The Salmon River is a great fishing river
8. Weather in the Salmon River Canyon is generally quite mild. Cool nights and warm clear days are normal
9. Access to the Salmon River is limited by the Forest Service to maintain its important wilderness characteristics
10. IMPORTANT: Due to its porous granite based soils and the yearly high water cleaning of the river corridor, there is no standing water and no place for mosquitoes to breed. THE MAIN SALMON HAS FEW, IF ANY, MOSQUITOES!! This is highly unusual for an alpine environment type rafting trip
11. The Salmon River runs through the largest contiguous wilderness area in the lower 48 states, comprising over 4 million acres.